ViCBiostat Winter School, 5-9 June 2017 - REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
"STATISTICAL METHODS IN MEDICINE AND PUBLIC HEALTH"
The inaugural ViCBiostat Winter School will commence in June this year with a 5 day Melbourne program, designed to provide an intensive introduction to a range of intermediate to advanced statistical methods that are important in modern health research. The courses will include extensive discussion of practical examples and hands-on training in relevant statistical software using the Stata and R packages.
Who should attend?
Prerequisite knowledge for this workshop is a sound understanding of epidemiological and statistical concepts including multivariable regression models. The level of course material is well beyond an introduction to biostatistics. Knowledge of either Stata or R is important with participants expected to be able to conduct reproducible statistical analyses using the programming language in at least one of these packages.
Royal Children's Hospital
Vernon Collins Lecture Theatre
1st floor, 50 Flemington Rd, Parkville, Melbourne
(see map attached)
5th & 6th June - Introduction to Causal Inference (Mon & Tues)
PRESENTERS: Assoc Prof Lyle Gurrin, Dr Jessica Kasza, Dr Margarita Moreno-Betancur
7th June - Multiple Imputation for Missing Data (Wed)
PRESENTERS: Prof Julie Simpson, A/Prof Katherine Lee & Dr Cattram Nguyen
8th & 9th June - Advanced Survival Analysis (Thurs & Fri)
PRESENTERS: Dr Margarita Moreno-Betancur, Prof Rory Wolfe
Participants are expected to have copies of required software applicable for each day pre-installed on laptops and ready to use. Please contact Marian Chandler on (03) 9936 6049 no less than 2 weeks prior to commencement of the program if problems are foreseen. R or Stata V12 or above required for all sessions.
Each day runs from 9.00am - 5.00pm with the following breaks:
- 10.30am - 10.50am: Morning tea
- 12.30pm - 1.30pm: Lunch
- 3.00pm - 3.20pm: Afternoon tea
* catering provided.
COURSE FEES AND REGISTRATION
Click here to see course fees.
Registration via Trybooking now open.
Please note the following:
- Early bird rate finishes on 1/5/17.
- Students must be full time. ID number is required to register.
- ViCBiostat post docs and PhD students only attend FREE but must complete online registration process for administration purposes. Refer to email from Marian for discount code instructions.
- MCRI staff may request a cost centre transfer but must complete online registration process for administration purposes. Follow the process as prompted and at the checkout page enter “Internal” in the promotion code box. Your cost centre manager must email approval to complete the cost centre transfer and the cost centre number to Andrew Verberne, MCRI Finance Dept.
- All prices inclusive of GST.
- Registration fee includes catering.
- A small booking fee applies in addition to prices stated.
- Cancellation policy: refund of registration fee less 25% if cancellation within 1 week of course.
Contact Marian Chandler for any questions regarding registration.