ViCBiostat Summer School 2017
MELBOURNE 1st - 3rd February 2017 SYDNEY 6th - 7th February 2017
"STATISTICAL METHODS IN MEDICINE AND PUBLIC HEALTH"
This year our Summer School is back on the road, with a three-day program in Melbourne followed by a two-day program in Sydney. Each program is designed to provide an intensive introduction to a range of intermediate to advanced statistical methods that are important in modern health research. The courses will include extensive discussion of practical examples and hands-on training in relevant statistical software using the Stata and R packages.
Who should attend?
Prerequisite knowledge for this workshop is a sound understanding of epidemiological and statistical concepts including multivariable regression models, and knowledge of either Stata or R.
Department of Epidemiology & Preventive Medicine (DEPM) Monash University,
Lecture Theatre Level 5, 99 Commercial Rd, Prahran, Melbourne.
University of Sydney
Sydney Law School, Lecture Theatre 024
(enter from Eastern Avenue through “Taste Baguette” café). Theatre 0.24 is underground and may be accessed either by stairs or lift from this point.
See map below.
3 DAY PROGRAM - ALFRED CENTRE
2 DAY PROGRAM - UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
6th - 7th February - Introduction to Causal Inference (Mon & Tues)
PRESENTERS: Assoc Prof Lyle Gurrin, Prof Andrew Forbes, Dr Jessica Kasza, Dr Margarita Moreno-Betancur
Daily timetable - Day 1
Daily timetable - Day 2
Participants are expected to have copies of required software applicable for each day pre-installed on laptops and ready to use. Please contact Marian Chandler on (03) 9936 6049 no less than 2 weeks prior to commencement of the program if problems are foreseen. R or Stata V12 or above required for all sessions.
Each day runs from 9.00am - 5.00pm with the following breaks:
- 10.30am - 10.50am: Morning tea
- 12.30pm - 1.30pm: Lunch
- 3.00pm - 3.20pm: Afternoon tea
* catering provided.
COURSE FEES AND REGISTRATION
Click here to see course fees
Registrations are now open via Trybooking. Please register using the links below:
Melbourne program: https://www.trybooking.com/NZOA
Sydney program: https://www.trybooking.com/NZVC
Please note the following:
- Early bird rate finishes on 16/1/17.
- Students must be full time. ID number is required to register.
- ViCBiostat post docs and PhD students only attend FREE but must complete online registration process for administration purposes. Refer to email from Marian for discount code instructions.
- MCRI staff may request a cost centre transfer but must complete online registration process for administration purposes. Follow the process as prompted and at the checkout page enter “Internal” in the promotion code box. Your cost centre manager must email approval to complete the cost centre transfer and the cost centre number to Andrew Verberne, MCRI Finance Dept.
- All prices inclusive of GST.
- Registration fee includes catering.
- A small booking fee applies in addition to prices stated.
- Cancellation policy: refund of registration fee less 25% if cancellation within 1 week of course.
Contact Marian Chandler for any questions regarding registration.
There is a range of quality accommodation to suit all budgets, close to the Summer School venue. Some hotels will offer a corporate/government rate.